Are you tired of looking at the same design challenge day after day? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in an engineer’s/designer’s dream work environment?
Sigma Design Company’s Technology Commercialization and New Product Manufacturing Center located in Middlesex, New Jersey is expanding its team of engineers and designers. To apply online visit: http://jobview.monster.com/Mechanical-Engineer-Job-Middlesex-NJ-125016085.aspx or email a cover letter and resume to Sigma President Jerry Lynch at email@example.com.
Sigma provides broad access and training for today’s most advanced technical tools: Ideation, Photorealistic Imaging and Product Development, 3D CAD, Simulation: Motion, Heat Transfer, non-linear FEA, Electronics PCB development…..
In addition team members have access to a fully functional model shop and machining center allowing creative people the ability to use their skills in a very unique environment.
We need people that can do more than make pretty 3D cartoons. We need people who are ready to apply the skills and tools above to develop fully functional manufacturing friendly designs which include detail drawings complete with the appropriate ANSI 14.5 tolerances and ready for manufacturing.
Manufacturing Process knowledge used in our development programs include: plastic parts, sheet metal, machining, structural and ornamental welding, extrusions, castings and many other manufacturing methods needed to make parts and systems that can be made most efficiently here in the USA.
Some recent projects include: Medical Devices Surgical Tools, Pharmaceutical Test Equipment, Alternative Energy Devices, Children’s Toys, Marine Environmental Systems, Large Process Equipment Design/Build…..
-Providing detail designs and support. You will work closely in small teams with other experienced engineering and design personnel on mechanical product and machine design projects.
-Perform 2D & 3D detail design and assembly using SolidWorks. We will support additional in house training on these programs as well as CFD, MOTION ANALYSIS and FEA.
-Provide mechanical strength calculations and select materials to support your design ideas.
-Develop creative designs that balance manufacturability, cost and good shop practices.
-Creative, mechanical designer with strong analytical skills. Manufacturing experience required.
-Experience in new product development, machine design, plastic parts design, mechanical design layouts and assemblies, CAD drafting and detailing, and effective knowledge of what it means to design for manufacturing.
-Machine Design and Production Tooling Design experience is a plus.
-Classroom training in 2D & 3D CAD, ANSI Y14.5M dimensioning and geometric tolerances
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with MS Excel / MS Word.
-Must be organized and able to work well in a team environment.
* Prepares design by researching, analyzing, selecting, and applying design principles, approaches, and techniques; evaluating design options; laying-out conceptual designs; creating and developing models; evaluating components and materials; developing specifications; producing drawings; preparing bills of materials; collaborating with related engineering teams; preparing product instructions.
* Verifies design by developing simulations; identifying, isolating, and resolving design problems; conducting tests.
* Resolves design issues by identifying and resolving engineering design integration issues; examining failures; developing re-designs; evaluating solution options.
* Documents engineering design by recording design features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings; maintaining design databases.
* Maintains design team accomplishments by coordinating actions; reviewing open issues and action items.
* Prepares design reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing design data.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Design Skills, Drafting, Drafting Tools, Conceptual Skills, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills, Product Development, Product Knowledge, Illustration Tools, CAD